Friday, March 4, 2016

What kind of Writer are you?


Since begining my journey I have discovered an interesting concept that there are differing types of writers.  Now there's the deabte of planner vs pantser which is an  interesting one by itself but I ask more about the mechanical aspect of writing.

Are you a 'Stop and Go' or 'Inertial'?

Stop and Go types do their writing in chunks.  Counting usually by pages or word-count or by time even. I tried this methodology when I was building up my writing stamina and habit. Though over time I discovered I was more inertial.  Inertial writers, tend to be very slow to start but once you get like a hundred or two hundred words into the story you're writing, well, you basically just keep going. These are the sorts of writers that start writing in the morning and only stop in the evening because they realized they  missed two or three meals.

There are pro's and cons to both. The stop and goes have the regimented discipline to churn out steady work over time. The inertials can in a single sitting do far more work than a Stop and Go, but like the real force of inertia their greatest challenge is to actually start.

So which do you lean towards?

No comments:

Post a Comment